4/27/2009

ESL podcast: a new way to improve your English

Topic: ESL Podcast 471 - Trying to Get Off the Phone
Listening note:
CA.
(oh I can’t get the learning guide because I didn’t register!)
no use car nerve of that guy
let her go because he had an appointment
running over her cat was just an accident
count himself lucky
cut this short
but I really have to get going~
I really want to hear all about it, but, natural calls
A & K
Intension: you plan to do something
The nerve: sth. Which will make sb. Mad
To let you go: End a phone call or end a conversation (I need to go)
To run over: Car Goes over something
Bull: not true, a lie
Comment:
It’s a pity that I can’t try the learning guide, but it’s ok cuz I can still use other function.
First, the script is good because it can not only offer beginner the context to check up but also can offer vocabulary list for advanced learners.
Second, I noticed that if you just listen the on-line version, you can’t finish the whole lesson; you have to download the podcast version and play it, then you can listen the whole lesson on your computer.
Third, the category function is really good because you can click the link of each field and then the page will show you all topics which related to this field. And that can save your time to search all the topics, especially in today’s busy world.
In addition, it’s sweet that it offer the step, the guide for beginners who don’t really know how to upload the files into their electronic products.

I think, as an advanced English learner, it can offer you more choice to learn new words in different field because we tend to focus some words in some specific fields and forget that learning should be wild. For example, maybe I prefer words about travel than words about medicine; however, I truly should at least learn some basic health and medicine words in case I will face them one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment